Like most websites Aviation News uses cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Aviation News website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Find out more

Continue

Brazil Approves Boeing-Embraer Joint Venture

 

Embraer and Boeing have welcomed approval by Government of Brazil of the strategic partnership that will position both companies to accelerate growth in global aerospace markets.

The government’s approval comes after the two companies last month approved terms for the joint venture that will be made up of the commercial aircraft and services operations of Embraer. Boeing will hold an 80 percent ownership stake in the new company and the Brazilian manufacturer will hold the remaining 20 percent.

The companies have also agreed to the terms of another joint venture to promote and develop new markets for the multi-mission KC-390 platform. Under the terms of this proposed partnership, Embraer will own a 51 percent stake in the joint venture, with Boeing owning the remaining 49 percent.

The two companies’ boards of directors ratified its prior approval on January 11 and the two companies will now begin executing definitive transaction documents. The closing of the transaction will be subject to shareholder and regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. Assuming the approvals are received in a timely manner, the transaction is intended to close by the end of 2019.

Photo: Embraer, Boeing

Posted in News

NEVER MISS AN ISSUE...

Our Instant Issue Service sends you an email whenever a new issue of Aviation News is out. SAVE ON QUEUES - FREE P&P